Lemons are versatile. They can be in fancy dishes or in a laid back classic like lemon meringue. I have had a hard time looking for a good cake recipe. This is one that I came across and I tweaked it to my liking. I’m a big fan of lemon so for me the more the better! Lemon flavored cakes do not seem to be as popular as the usual chocolate and vanilla cakes but this is in my top five favorite flavors.
- 1 1/2 Sticks Butter, Softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 1/2 t Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 2 1/2 C Flour
- 2 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- Zest of 2-3 lemons (Depending on how lemony you like your cake)
- 1 1/4 C Almond Milk
- 2 T Oil
- 2 t Lemon extract
*Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat butter and sugar until pale in color and fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and zest.
- In a different bowl mix milk with oil, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- Add milk mixture and flour mixture to butter. Alternate between flour and milk.
- Bake 30 minutes/until a toothpick comes out clean.